A little trivia can help you test your knowledge about soccer. Although you may think soccer is your favorite, how much do actually know about the sport? Here are some trivial facts about soccer.
* Soccer was generally developed in Britain in its current form.
* Sheffield FC is the oldest club in the world, having been founded in 1857.
* Soccer is the most popular and most watched sport in the world
* Soccer is also called football in almost spbo free live score every country, except America. Americans refer to ‘Grid Iron football’ and ‘football soccer.
* Some of the most famous soccer rivalries are the Old Firm (Scotland), Manchester desby, London derbies and Milan derby, Real against Barcelona, and many others.
* Some famous soccer players: Pele, Maradonna, Charlton, Eusebio, Cruyff, Dalglish, Ronaldo, Beckham, Mattheus.
These are just a few basic facts and trivia about soccer. Did you know how much? Here are more facts about soccer to prove your knowledge.
* Association Football, also known as soccer or football, is the most popular team sport in terms of both spectators and active participants.
* The biggest ever soccer match attendance was 199.854 people. This was Brazil vs. Uruguay at the Maracana Municipal Stadium in Rio de Janeiro, July 1950.
* The second Bangkok League Seven-a-Side Competition was the biggest soccer tournament in history. In 1999, 5,098 teams participated. There were over 35,000 participants!
* 16 was the most goals scored in a single match of soccer.
– Stephan Stanis (France), playing for Racing Club de Lens, December 1942.
* Based on video evidence in December 1998, Ricardo Olivera (Uruguay), was the fastest person to score this speed in 2.8 seconds.
* The Federation Internationale de Football Association is the international governing body for soccer. It is based in Zurich (Switzerland).
* Diego Maradona was just 16 when he made his debut for Argentina in soccer.
* Soccer goalies did not have to wear different shirts than their teammates until 1913.
* Eusebio scored 46 goals at the European Cup for Benfica.
* Chris Woods played 1196 minutes at Rangers without conceding a goal, between November 26 1986 – January 31 1987.
* Ryan Giggs’ father was a professional Rugby League player.
* The entire Galilee team was sent to jail in 1973 for beating their opponents during an Israeli League match.
Did you know that there are many soccer facts and trivia? These are just a few of many interesting facts about soccer.